Oldest Brothers View on his Families Adoption



                                                 My Siblings

                                                By Jonah Butterfield

            Having a brother or sister is probably the best thing that has ever happened to me.  You see many people think that adoption and having a kid is totally different and adoption is dumb, well I know from experience that what people say is completely a lie. My brother, Henry, and I are closer together then a dog and a ham sandwich. I remember that our family took a butt load of time raising money for my mom to go and get my two siblings (Jojo and Henry). I would always try and help out, for I was so exited to be able to say I have a brother. Now to think of it, I also had a bunk bed for me and my brother, and every day I would make the bottom bed for him and never ever let any one touch it until he got there. I also use to help my mom look at pictures of orphans to find my sister; this was before we new who Jojo was going to be. I just love having my sister there with my other siblings. Just to let you know I was 6 almost 7 at the time, my sister Jojo was around 14 months and my brother was just turned 6, also Mekella my other sister was around 3.
                                         
                                My not so little Brother

Now after many of days raising money my mom and her friend had flown away and were headed to Liberia in Africa. It took a week for them to get back and I got less and less sleep as time went by.
      
Finally it was time to head to the airport. I ran to the car way before we were ready to leave. I wanted to get there as soon as possible. It took forever for the plane to arrive, in fact, I believe it was around 10 or 11pm when they stepped out in to the open were I saw them.
            My brother use to be really shy you see. Once I saw him I dashed to him and gave him a hug. He looked at me strangely; I did not know that he did not know I was his brother. On the ride home I sat right next to him, even though I had a felling he was too uncomfortable since we had never met. He fell a sleep right away!
                         
               My Sister “The awesome Second”

Now my sister is one tough cookie. You see she was very sick and we were told her sickness should have killed her. In fact, the only reason why she is alive is because of God. My Aunt and my mom prayed all night when the doctors said she was going to die. Don’t worry; she is ten times as stronger today and she is a funny little sister who always makes me laugh.
            She is very cute these days she just got glasses and I think she looks awesome. Sometimes we fight, like all brothers and sisters do but we always get through it.
            The first time I saw her, I can’t really remember much, I believe this was because she was so sick. I don’t do well with that stuff and I can throw up if it gets to bad, not to mention I was so tired. In fact, the only reason why I remember my brother is because of the face he gave me when I hugged him, it was really goofy. I remember my sister Jojo mainly at the hospital. She was so tiny and well she looked so horridly sick and malnourished. My sister Mekella and Jojo get along well probably because they are girls. I like being the big brother that watches over them (Tells them what to do).
                       
Now let me get this straight, no one said adoption is easy, or the road after is smooth either. Being the oldest brother is not always easy, but the moments we have together make it all worth it. So for all you out there who say that adoption does not make sense, get you head out of the clouds and look at the what I am saying, Children need to be loved. Adoption or Birth, we are all just kids who want to have a happy family. We all need love and attention.
            I tell you this, the Lord says He loves all the children in the world and so should we. Adoption is a way for us to show Gods love to the world. I tell you if you feel a tug on your heart to adopt, do it. That is what happened to my mom, and not only did it make us a better family, it saved my sisters life. You get what I’m saying?


Written by Jonah Butterfield

Comments

Popular Posts